Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly's Forum Moderator Application

5 posters

Go down

What do you think of my application?

Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_lcap57%Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_lcap43%Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_lcap0%Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_lcap0%Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  Empty Kelly's Forum Moderator Application

Post by Pumpkin Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:56 pm

Name: Kelly/Cherelle
In-Game Name: Pumpkwin
Global Time Zone: Pacific Time

~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~~★~★~★~

Why do you want to be a forum moderator?:
I would like to be a forum moderator because I can sense that this forum will have lots of posts that break the rules. (Yes, I am psychic!) Now I'm not saying this community is bad, I'm just saying that it happens pretty often from what I've seen in the Affinity threads.

1) Keep the forum tidy and neat.
That is what I'm about: keeping things organized. I want to make sure this forum stays organized to make it easier on the users. It is always best to leave a good impression by having a tidy forum. Having random threads everywhere is very unattractive.

2) Make sure the rules are being followed.
On other forums I see people constantly breaking rules and there are times when they have not been warned. Maybe it is because the forum moderators did not notice, or I don't know. I promise that there will not be a post that breaks the rules without a warn attached to it.

Briefly describe your feelings towards people who break the rules?:
If someone made a small mistake, then there would be no hard feelings at all. People make mistakes all of the time. But when someone knows the rules and constantly makes mistakes, then I would have to unleash the powerful ban hammer. I'm not going to lie, I do tend to get a little frustrated when people continue to break the rules after they have been warned, but I would handle it in a respectful and calm manner. I will first start with one simple warning. If they break the rules again, then they get one more warning. I will be forced to ban their account after the third warn since they can not learn their lesson. Depending on the behavior of the person, and if it gets way too out of hand, then I will enforce a more sever punishment: a ban right on the spot.

Describe with detail how active you are on the forums:
Well, the forums was just created and I have been on since it was made. Since it is summer, I plan to be active on the forums everyday, like I am on the Affinity forum. I keep tabs on my emails and usually check each thread that has a new post. The forum tabs are always opened and stay open even if I'm not on the computer at that particular time. I also own a laptop, so that gives me easy access to get on the forums more often on the count of being able to carry it where ever I go. I may post on a thread, I may not. It all depends on the topic. If I have not posted anything in a while, then that does not mean I am inactive. I just have not found a topic that catches my, no offense to anyone.

What can you contribute to the community, the forums, and the staff members?:
I could help make this forums reach the same standards as the Affinity forums.

~To the community, I could offer hospitality: make them feel welcomed, like it is their own home. Greeting the new comers, helping with people's problems (my specialty), or just even asking how their day is/was.

~To the forums, I would contribute neatness and tidiness to keep it clean as a whistle. A double post or spam post will not pass without the person getting warned for it.

~To the staff members, I could contribute my kindness, intelligence, and politeness. I will make sure the forums stay organized so the staff members would not have to worry about that job. They already have enough on their plate. That's the way to go, if this forum was to run smoothly.

Have you had any forum moderating experience? If so, please list your examples:
Sadly, no. But I am willing to learn everything there is to know about forum moderators and I am definitely sure I will be able to catch on quick.

People who recommend you:
Jorazho (George)
Noosh (Patrick)
Plazzeh (Calle)
Xana

Last edited by Pumpkin on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 14 times in total
Pumpkin
Pumpkin

Back to top Go down

Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  Empty Re: Kelly's Forum Moderator Application

Post by Noosh Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 am

Hmm. I really like your application. From the app you show you have a kind personality but you are willing to do your job. Also, I know that you work well with the community. One thing I would suggest is to add how you might be able to help teach people about the forum and the forum rules. Good luck.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I recommend you.

Last edited by Noosh on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noosh
Noosh

Back to top Go down

Kelly's Forum Moderator Application  Empty Re: Kelly's Forum Moderator Application

Post by Jorahzo Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Kelly, I recommend you.
You seem more than fit for forum moderator and I love how your application is so neat and organized. I hope you can do the same to the forum =).
Good luck!
Jorahzo
Jorahzo

Back to top Go down

Post by Plazzeh Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:12 pm

I recommend you too, Kelly.
You seem to be great for this.
Good luck!

Plazzeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Xana Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:40 pm

I recommend you too Kelly ^^
But I'm kinda sad no one's checking mine... T.T

Xana

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpkin Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:41 pm

Thank you very much guys! I'm gonna need that luck haha.

@Xana
I'm sorry...yours got rejected though. :[
Pumpkin
Pumpkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xana Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Yeah, I checked. I came up with some great ideas though T.T

Xana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down