Eternity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noodles's Architect Application

4 posters

Go down

What would you rate my application?

Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_lcap43%Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_lcap43%Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]
Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_lcap14%Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_lcap0%Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_lcap0%Noodles's Architect Application I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Noodles's Architect Application Empty Noodles's Architect Application

Post by Noodles Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Name: Kenneth Huang

IGN (In Game Name): DaNoodleBrain

Global Time Zone: GMT - 8:00 (Pacific Time)

Experiences outside the server:
I don't have too much experience outside of the Minecraft-ity server, but when I first started playing Minecraft Beta (around 1.2), I hosted a server for my friends and me to play. After hastily tunneling out a mountain for a shelter, I started work on a simple minecart system. It was rather simple; a 1x8x1 channel of flowing water pushed minecarts slowly (no longer works), which were then boosted once they left the water channel. I also built another minecart launcher that boosted minecarts for hundreds of blocks (until it was fixed in Beta 1.6). In addition, I play a Minecraft Classic server, where I built a tower, modern-looking bridge, an incomplete apartment building, a subway station, a steamboat, a Spleef arean, and a pixel art image of Fire Mario from the NES Super Mario Bros.

Experiences on the server:
While I don't have too much experience in Minecraft architecture, I have several experiences on Minecraft-ity. On the server, my house has iron double doors which are opened using buttons and a pulse lengthener. I have also constructed a minecart station that features a pez dispenser powered with a monostable circuit.
Next to the station is a drawbridge that leads to an underwater base that I mainly constructed. In the underwater base, there is a mob trap.
Last but not least, I constructed a Creeper statue in a snowy settlement. The Creeper statue also functions as a home.

Any example of your work:
I don't have a lot of great examples, but here's what I got.
Spoiler:

Reason/Purpose:
I want to support the community by making players want to stay and continue playing this server. To be honest, at first I wasn't entirely sure exactly how I wanted to help the server. I could apply for a Helper to assist players with their problems and make them feel truly welcome, become a Architect to provide the community with outstanding buildings and recreation and assist others in their buildings, or become a Forum Moderator to keep the forums neat, tidy, and appealing to new players. In the end, I thought that Architect would be the best option because out of the three choices I had, building things and maintaining the landscape appealed the most to me.

Why should we choose you?
While I may not be the best builder on the block, I am more than willing to help the community by attracting more people's attention toward the server through architecture and landscaping. I will try my hardest to get a piece of architecture done, although occasionally I procrastinate and become lazy. I am a mostly active player on the Minecraft-ity server, and I will be on most of the time the server is up. As a person, I tend to be blunt, usually straightfoward, a little bit lax, and easygoing a lot of the time. Usually a lot of things are fine with me, unless it feels wrong or a lot different, which is when my gut feeling just kicks in. I accept constructive criticism from others, as it helps me to improve whatever I'm doing. I usually try to be on friendly terms with other beings unless they're doing something that I think is blatantly wrong, even though the Project-ITY community is arguably one of the best I've met; many people are friendly and helpful, and in addition to helping the community, I want to return the favor.
Additional Details:
To other staff members:
I feel that redstone circuitry is one of my specialties. Even though I'm still learning, I can create some basic redstone circuits, including those shown in my examples. As I continue to learn redstone circuits, expect to see more complicated circuits from me.

Skype - nood13s
Email - DriftGunAddict@gmail.com

People who recommend you: Plazzeh, Marth

Last edited by Noodles on Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noodles
Noodles

Back to top Go down

Noodles's Architect Application Empty Re: Noodles's Architect Application

Post by Plazzeh Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 am

Seems nice.
I recommend you, as you seem to build a lot and build it smart

Btw how did you make the ceiling on your underwater base so that he water didnt fall down?

Plazzeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Marth Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:36 pm

Plazzeh wrote:Seems nice.

Btw how did you make the ceiling on your underwater base so that he water didn't fall down?

He used signs.

Anyways, I really am impressed by your work, some seems abit... off though, but that's another matter.

I recommend you.
Marth
Marth

Back to top Go down

Post by Plazzeh Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Marth wrote:
Plazzeh wrote:Seems nice.

Btw how did you make the ceiling on your underwater base so that he water didn't fall down?

He used signs.

Anyways, I really am impressed by your work, some seems abit... off though, but that's another matter.

I recommend you.

Oh okay, thanks

Yeah, its really impressive.

Plazzeh

Back to top Go down

Post by Hai Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:53 pm

I see a lot of creativity in your work as a builder. You take advantage of the loopholes and tricks to mold your creation which is very admirable. But on the 3rd, 4th, 5th from the last examples, I was hoping to see a finished example. To be blunt, I'm not a huge fan of 2-dimensional creations, it can be done easily and I'm sure anyone can do it. I would be really impressed if it was all you...well some of it.

Judging from your application, I'm taking you want to make attractions to bring new players in which is pretty typical and cliche. But what I expect from you is for you to create things for you and you only. Build something that molds your creativity, paint your infrastructure with your mind and ideas. Helpers help people in anyway they can. Architects build, and build, and build, and sometimes help build, if asked to.

P.S. I love originality. <3

I would very much like to see some of your work as an architect.
Hai
Hai
Architect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down